Comment on page
This help article will walk you through the process of embedding and categorizing your videos within the Video Showcase Conversion Tool™, in your ChatHQ Engagement Widget™, utilizing platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Loom. With the Video Showcase Conversion Tool™, you’ll be able to easily create and manage video playlists for your website visitors.
- Gives users the ability to add YouTube, Vimeo, and Loom videos into their Engagement Widgets for sales, marketing, and educational purposes
- You can create video groups and allow your visitors or customers to consume videos in a specific order and within particular categories
- Add marketing videos to your website or in your application teaching your visitors or customers about your products and services
- Create video groups showcasing different areas of your business
- Build onboarding video sequences to onboard new customers into your products
- Add customer testimonial videos to your Engagement Widgets to help convert website visitors using social proof
This changes the text shown at the top of the Reviews tool after the tool was already clicked by your website visitor or customer. For more information on this please click here to view the help article.
- Always: The videos are always available via your Engagement Widget™
- Working hours only: Videos are visible only during the business hours you set.
- After hours only: Videos are shown outside of business hours.
Insert a description that offers viewers an overview of the videos you're showcasing.
Choose how the playback of videos in your playlist should be handled. You have two options to choose from:
- Inside the widget: Videos play directly within the widget.
- External pop up: Videos open in an external screen for playback.
In order to showcase videos in your Engagement Widget™ you will need to first create a VIDEO GROUP. This group helps visitors and customers better understand the category or videos they are watching.
You can create an unlimited amount of video groups
- 1.Add Video Group - To add a Video Group, click on the green “Add Video Group” button. You will see a popup appear where you can type in the name for your video group, then click on “Save”.
- 2.Reorder Video Groups - When you have multiple video groups, you can choose the order in which they display in your widget by dragging the groups either up or down using this handle and reordering them.
- 3.Video Group Name - This is the name your video group will display to your viewers when you have more than one video group. If you only have one video group, your viewers will not see the name of the group.
- 5.Rename Video Group - If you want to rename your video group simply click the pencil icon shown here and rename it.
- This WILL NOT affect the functionality of your video showcase tool or the visibility of the videos you have already added to this group!
- 6.Delete Video Group - If you want to delete your video group, click the trash can icon.
- Any videos added to the deleted video group WILL be removed from your widget and will need to be re-added later if needed.
- 7.Expand Video Group - To see all the videos added to your video group, and to manage the videos inside of a video group, click the icon shown below to expand the video group.
You have the option to add multiple video groups to separate your content into different groups. To add more video groups, click on the green “Add Video Group” button. You will see a popup appear to type in the name of your video group, then click on “Save”.
When adding YouTube videos to your Video Showcase tool, you can either add individual videos or add entire YouTube playlists just by adding a single URL.
You have the ability to add entire video playlists from YouTube all at once. To do this, click into a YouTube playlist and grab the "Share" link.
When adding a video playlist URL from YouTube, you should see /playlist? in the URL
To add your playlist to your Video Showcase tool, click on the green + button, and you will see a popup appear. Paste the URL of your YouTube playlist and click on “Save”.
After pasting the playlist URL into your video showcase tool, you will see the entire YouTube playlist populate inside of your ChatHQ widget in the preview window! Adding playlists is an easy way to add many videos at once, and keep them organized by a specific category!
You can add individual YouTube videos by copying and pasting the individual YouTube video link. Click on the green + icon to add your YouTube video, and paste the URL into the popup and click on “Save”.
After pasting the YouTube video URL into your video showcase tool, you will see your video appear in the preview window to the right.
You also have the ability to add Vimeo videos to your Video Showcase tool. Start by going to Vimeo, choosing the video you want to use, and click on the “Copy Link” icon.
To add your Vimeo video to your Video Showcase tool, click on the green + icon next to the Video Group you would like to add it to. You will see a popup appear where you can paste the Vimeo URL, then click on “Save”.
Once you’ve added your video, you will see it populate in the preview window to the right.
You can add Loom videos to your Video Showcase tool as well. Start by going to Loom, and selecting the video you want to use. Click on the “Copy Link” icon on the top right of the video.
To add your Loom video to your Video Showcase tool, click on the green + icon next to the Video Group you want to add the video to. You will see a popup appear where you can paste the Loom URL, then click on “Save”.
Once you’ve added your Loom video, you will see if populate in the preview window on the right.
- By default, the Video Showcase tool will display the YouTube icon.
- You can select different icons from the available list in the icon selector.
- Note: A future update will allow you to upload and use custom icons.