Comment on page
Use Custom Trigger
In this article, we provide a straightforward, step-by-step guide on how to set up a custom trigger for your Engagement Widget™. This guide is designed to help you easily configure your widget so that it opens when a specific element on your webpage is clicked, such as a button.
- Log in to your ChatHQ portal.
- Go to your Widget Settings and open up the main widget settings.
- Locate the option that says "Use a Custom Trigger" and toggle it on.
- Upon doing so, a field labeled "Custom Trigger ID" will appear below the toggle.
- After enabling custom triggers, you'll see a field for "custom trigger ID."
- Input the ID of the HTML element you want to serve as your custom trigger for the widget.
- Below the "Custom Trigger ID" field, you'll find another toggle for the Floating Action Button.
- Toggle this on if you want a floating action button to appear on your webpage. Toggle off if you want the widget to be triggered only by the custom element you will define in the next steps.
- Open your HighLevel website or funnel builder and navigate to the page where you wish to implement the Engagement Widget™.
- Choose the page element (e.g., a button) that you want to act as your custom trigger.
- With the element selected, go to its settings, usually found on the right-hand side of the funnel builder interface.
- Navigate to the "Advanced" settings and scroll down to find the "CSS Selector" field.
- Copy the code that represents your chosen element (this will be your "Custom Trigger ID").
- Go back to your ChatHQ portal.
- Paste the copied CSS selector code into the "Custom Trigger ID" field.
- Remove the hashtag '#' from the pasted code if it's already pre-filled in the portal.
- After entering your custom trigger ID, click on the "Save" option to apply the changes.
- Return to your funnel page to test the custom trigger.
- Click on the element you chose as your custom trigger (e.g., the "Open Widget" button).
- The Engagement Widget™ should now open when you click this element.
- If you toggled off the floating action button, it should not appear on the webpage.